- Life has changed and Waterside has adapted. We’ve amended our business practice to reflect these changes and our main focus is on the safety of our members and staff.
CLEANING & SANITISATION
Which disinfectants does Waterside use to maintain club facilities and equipment?
The chemicals used have been checked and verified as effective against Covid-19, these are being used in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines whilst also being safe for members and employees.
We use an electrostatic sprayer to disinfect the gym areas. Electrostatic spray surface cleaning is the process of spraying an electrostatically charged mist onto surfaces and objects. Electrostatic spray uses a specialised disinfectant solution that is combined with air and atomized by an electrode inside the sprayer. Subsequently, the spray contains positively charged particles that are able to aggressively adhere to surfaces and objects.
How often are the equipment and facilities disinfected and sanitised?
- As always, the safety of our members and staff is our main priority. As such, we are going above and beyond to ensure the site is clean and sanitised for your every use by increasing our cleaning schedules. Management are checking each area every 30 minutes to ensure that cleaning standards remain as high as possible. We reserve the right to section off certain areas of the club during the day to facilitate deep cleaning.
- Trainers on the club floor ensure equipment is disinfected and we ask members to wipe down each piece of equipment they use before and after use.
Which wipes will Waterside use for disinfection, and will they be provided?
- Multipurpose Hand & Surface wipes are provided for use around the leisure club and we ask all members to wipe down their equipment both before and after use. These wipes are:
- 100% Certificated Biodegradable, plant fibre, totally plastic free, Certified landfill safe / environmentally friendly.
- Sustainable, Eco-Friendly, Compostable, 0% Plastic
- They kill 99.99% of germs & Bacteria including Norovirus, flu virus, and MRS
- Multipurpose, Fast Acting: Kills germs & Bacteria in under 30 seconds.
- Can be disposed of in general waste.
Will Waterside provide hand sanitiser at the clubs?
- Members are asked to wash their hands before coming into the club and to wash them regularly throughout their visit. We have sanitiser units in numerous locations across the club.
What are the Waterside gym and swimming pool opening Hours and Bank Holiday Opening Hours?
- All of the Waterside Didsbury gym areas are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- The Pool is open Monday – Friday 6.15am – 10pm and Saturday & Sunday 7.15am – 9.30pm
- The Poolside Spa is open Monday – Friday 6.15am – 9.30pm and Saturday & Sunday 7.15am – 9pm
- The Thermal Suite is open Monday – Friday 7am – 10pm and Saturday & Sunday 8am – 9.30pm
- BIOCIRCUIT, BOX12 and the Recovery Area are available Monday – Friday 6.30am – 9.30pm and Saturday & Sunday 7.30am – 9pm.
How do I book a class?
- We try to make booking as simple as possible. You can book your class up to 8 days in advance via the Waterside App or members’ online portal. When you join, you will get login details to enable you to do this anytime.
- Classes go live at 6am 8 days before.
How do I download the mobile app?
- Visit this shortcut link to get the app from the App Store or Play Store.
I forgot my login details, what can I do?
- Please contact the club who will be able to reset this for you.
Can I use guest passes and how do I book a guest into the club?
- Adult and Child guest passes are available. You do not need to book in advance but you must attend the facility with your guest. Please call us on 0161 971 7065 for more information.
- As a member, you will receive two complimentary passes every six months. Your guest must register on the day, subject to club capacity availability. You must attend with your guest.
- In addition to guest passes, an adult guest fee is £15 and a junior guest fee is £7.50. However, if your guest enjoys their visit and decides to become a member on the day, we will take this fee off their 1st payment.
- As a member, you have the option to add a bolt-on called the PLUS membership at a cost of £10 per month. This will give you two extra guest passes every month, in addition to a free towel each visit, a 25% discount in the club lounge, access to the Normatec Compression Boots, a free water bottle or shaker and free room hire for events. To upgrade call 0161 971 7065 or join online using the promo code ‘PLUS’. Upgrade here.
I would like to freeze my membership, how do I do this?
- You can freeze your membership by calling 0161 971 7000 or by emailing email@example.com
Can I refer someone to join the club?
- You can refer as many friends as you like to join the club and if they join you will receive either a £20 cheque, £50 worth of Coffee Shop and Lounge Bar vouchers or 3 months PLUS membership. T&Cs apply. Refer a friend here.
What happens if I forget my membership card / band?
- Temporary locker cards are available for members should you forget your wristband.
Is the car park free?
- All parking is free for the duration of your visit.
What is the lost property procedure?
- All lost property found on the premises should be handed into the club reception. No underwear, hair brushes, shampoos, soaps, deodorants or similar products will be kept in lost property; they will be disposed of immediately. All other items will be kept by the club for 14 days and then donated to local charity.
Do I need a padlock for the gym lockers?
- No. Lockers are controlled by either a membership card or membership wrist band. For more information on using the bands, please ask at reception.
Which of the facilities are available for children?
- Children are welcome to use the swimming pool when accompanied by an adult member during the kids swimming times. Please download a copy of the timetable by clicking here. Please book your session in advance.
- Children between the ages of 10 – 12 can use the Core Area when accompanied by an adult member aged 18 or over. Junior members or guests aged 13 – 15 can use the CV, Functional and Core Areas of the gym, they can also use the Ladies’ Only Gym and attend adult classes. They must be accompanied by an adult member aged 18 or over at all times.
- Student Teen Members are able to use all areas of the club (apart from the Thermal Suites and BIOCIRCUIT).
Are gym programmes included in the membership?
- From the moment you start your gym membership we will introduce you to the equipment. This will be quickly followed by a personal programme. This is updated whenever you need it to be, just book your Gym Appointment at reception or using the members’ online portal. If you want more regular attention, we have a team of personal trainers who can help. There is an additional cost for this service, for more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s included in the membership? Our membership is all inclusive and covers:
- Usage of our Didsbury gym, 24 hrs per day, seven days a week
- Access to an extensive group fitness timetable
- Use of our swimming pool and spa area, within the specified opening times
- Use of BOX12 and BIOCIRCUIT, within the specified opening times
- Use of our Recovery Area and Hyperice products
- Expert gym programmes with regular updates
- Discounts on hotel bookings
- Discounts on food and drink in the hotel bar and restaurant plus many more. Check out our Membership Benefits page.