When will the Waterside re-open?
- Waterside Leisure Club is now open. We are confident that we have all safety measures in place to protect our staff, members and customers and look forward to welcoming you back when you feel ready to return to the club.
Is it safe to come back to fitness clubs?
- Life has changed and Waterside has adapted. We’ve amended our business practice to reflect these changes and our main focus is on the safety of our members and staff. As such, we have implemented rigorous safety protocols to provide a safe environment.
What are the COVID-19 exposure control measures at the Waterside?
- Members are required to book their visits to the club via the Waterside app. This includes all gym, swim, class and PT visits. We have allowed 90 minutes of time for each club visit. It is vital that all members swipe into the club every time to record their visit. This will be monitored closely.
- Health Declaration – Members are required to complete a mandatory Health Declaration on the Waterside App and website before they make a Leisure Club Booking to confirm they are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 nor come into contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms.
- Contactless Payment – For convenience and to minimise contact, members are asked to use contactless payment for any in-club purchases where possible.
Which club areas are available?
- All club areas are currently open. However, members are required to book their visits to the club via the Waterside app. This includes all gym, swim, class and PT visits. We have allowed 90 minutes of time for each club visit. It is vital that all members swipe into the club every time to record their visit
CLEANING & SANITISATION
Which disinfectants does Waterside use to maintain club facilities and equipment?
The chemicals used have been checked and verified as effective against Covid-19, these are being used in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines whilst also being safe for members and employees.
We use an electrostatic sprayer to disinfect the gym areas each night. Electrostatic spray surface cleaning is the process of spraying an electrostatically charged mist onto surfaces and objects. Electrostatic spray uses a specialised disinfectant solution that is combined with air and atomized by an electrode inside the sprayer. Subsequently, the spray contains positively charged particles that are able to aggressively adhere to surfaces and objects.
How often are the equipment and facilities disinfected and sanitised?
- As always, the safety of our members and staff is our main priority. As such, we are going above and beyond to ensure the site is clean and sanitised for your every use by increasing our cleaning schedules to include more regular sanitisation of the gym equipment, studio equipment, all doors, handles and surfaces and regular deep cleaning of our changing facilities. Management are checking each area every 30 minutes to ensure that cleaning standards remain as high as possible. We reserve the right to section off certain areas of the club during the day to facilitate deep cleaning.
- Disinfection Procedures – We are completing daily overnight cleans of each area using a specifically formulated germicide that is used to sanitise and deodorise all surfaces in spaces such as hospitals and clinics. We will also use electrostatic handheld sprayers that efficiently attack microbes, providing 3x more coverage in the same amount of time than traditional efforts.
- Trainers on the club floor ensure used equipment is individually disinfected and we ask members to wipe down each piece of equipment they use before and after use.
- We conduct regularly cleaning of the members’ lockers using electrostatic sprayers.
Which wipes will Waterside use for disinfection, and will they be provided?
- Multipurpose Hand & Surface wipes are provided for use around the leisure club and we ask all members to wipe down their equipment both before and after use. These wipes are:
- 100% Certificated Biodegradable, plant fibre, totally plastic free, Certified landfill safe / environmentally friendly.
- Sustainable, Eco-Friendly, Compostable, 0% Plastic
- They kill 99.99% of germs & Bacteria including Norovirus, flu virus, and MRS
- Multipurpose, Fast Acting: Kills germs & Bacteria in under 30 seconds.
- Can be disposed of in general waste.
Will Waterside provide hand sanitiser at the clubs?
- Members are asked to wash their hands before coming into the club and to wash them regularly throughout their visit. We have sanitiser units in numerous locations across the club.
What are the Waterside gym and swimming pool opening Hours and Bank Holiday Opening Hours?
- All of the Waterside Didsbury gym areas are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Other facilities, including the pool and classes, Biocircuit and BOX12 are available 6.30am – 9:30pm Monday – Friday and 7.30am – 9pm Saturday & Sunday.
How do I book a Leisure Club Booking, Pool Booking or a class?
- We try to make booking as simple as possible. You can book your Leisure Club Booking, Pool Booking or class up to 8 days in advance via the Waterside App or members’ online portal. When you join, you will get login details to enable you to do this anytime.
- You must have a valid Leisure Club Booking to attend the facility. This includes if you’re attending for a gym session, swim, class or PT session. Once you have secured your Leisure Club Booking, please continue to book your class or Pool Booking.
- Please click here to watch a short demonstration video of how to book your Leisure Club Booking.
How do I download the mobile app?
- Visit this shortcut link to get the app from the App Store or Play Store.
I forgot my login details, what can I do?
- Please contact the club who will be able to reset this for you.
Can I use guest passes and how do I book a guest into the club?
- Adult and Child guest passes are now available. You do not need to book in advance but you must attend the facility with your guest. Please call us on 0161 971 7065 for more information.
- Adult guest passes are now available and as a member, you will receive two complimentary passes every six months. Your guest must register on the day, subject to club capacity availability. You must attend with your guest.
- In addition to guest passes, an adult guest fee is £15 and a junior guest fee is £6.50. However, if your guest enjoys their visit and decides to become a member on the day, we will take this fee off their 1st payment.
I would like to freeze my membership, how do I do this?
- You can freeze your membership by calling 0161 971 7000 or by emailing email@example.com
Can I refer someone to join the club?
- You can refer as many friends as you like to join the club and if they join you will receive either a £20 cheque or £50 worth of Coffee Shop and Lounge Bar vouchers. T&Cs apply. Refer a friend here.
What happens if I forget my membership card / band?
- Temporary locker cards are available for members should you forget your wristband.
Is the car park free?
- All parking is free for the duration of your visit.
What is the lost property procedure?
- In order to minimise cross-contamination and for the safety of our staff, all lost property other than jewellery, wallets, purses, bags or electronic equipment will be disposed of at 10pm on the day it is left.
Do I need a padlock for the gym lockers?
- No. Lockers are controlled by either a membership card or membership wrist band. For more information on using the bands, please ask at reception.
Which of the facilities are available for children?
- Children are welcome to use the swimming pool when accompanied by an adult member during the kids swimming times. Please download a copy of the timetable by clicking here. Please book your session in advance.
- Children between the ages of 10 – 12 can use the Core Area when accompanied by an adult members aged 18 or over. Junior members or guests aged 13 – 15 can use the CV, Functional and Core Areas of the gym, they can also use the Ladies’ Only Gym and attend adult classes. They must be accompanied by an adult member aged 18 or over at all times.
- Student Teen Members are able to use all areas of the club (apart from the Thermal Suites and BIOCIRCUIT).
Are gym programmes included in the membership?
- From the moment you start your gym membership we will introduce you to the equipment. This will be quickly followed by a personal programme. This is updated whenever you need it to be, just book your Gym Appointment at reception or using the members’ online portal. If you want more regular attention, we have a team of personal trainers who can help. There is an additional cost for this service, for more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s included in the membership? Our membership is all inclusive and covers:
- Usage of our Didsbury gym, 24 hrs per day, seven days a week
- Access to an extensive group fitness timetable
- Use of our swimming pool and spa area, within the specified opening times
- Use of BOX12 and BIOCIRCUIT, within the specified opening times
- Expert gym programmes with regular updates
- Discounts on hotel bookings
- Discounts on food and drink in the hotel bar and restaurant plus many more. Check out our Membership Benefits page.