Our Thermal Suites & Hydrotherapy Pool definitely add a completely new dynamic to your Didsbury Gym membership. After a hard workout or a long day at work, you can relax your muscles in our Hydrotherapy Pool where a combination of floor, seating and cannon jets will tackle any unwanted knots or tension. Make the most of a lazy Sunday afternoon by stepping into our sauna to cleanse away any unwanted toxins or alleviate symptoms of anger or anxiety by immersing yourself in our Aroma & Salt-Infused steam rooms. We have something for everyone and with all the above being inclusive in your membership package, you’d be mad not to come and see it for yourself.
Effects of the Thermal Suites and Hydrotherapy Pool
- Raises blood temperature
- Raises heat rate
- Increase the body’s metabolism
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases blood circulation
- Increases lymphatic flow
- Opens the pores to induce sweating which removes impurities from the skin
- Reduces stress and gives feelings of well-being
- Relaxes muscles to relieve aches & pains
Suggested Sequential Bathing Journey:
- Hydrotherapy Pool – 10 minutes
- Aroma Steam – 10 minutes
- Salt-infused Steam Room – 10 mins
- Sauna – 10 minutes
- Rest and do not over exert yourself for the rest of day.
It is not ideal to go to the gym or a class after use. It is essential that you shower in between each use to cool the body temperature and rest after leaving the Thermal area. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
The Hydrotherapy pool has various jets and features to massage different body areas in order to relive muscle aches and pains. The Pool consists of the following features:
- Reclined Seating – this is an individual reclined seating where the bather is massaged by numerous small air bubbles along the spine, around the hips and thighs and down the legs
- Swan Neck/Cannon – this provides a stimulating massage to the scalp, shoulders and neck – not recommended for members with neck injuries
- Floor Jets – these are placed in the floor to stimulate the reflexes in the feet
- Seating Jets – the seating area has jets at waist height to give an all-round stimulating massage to the lower back and hip area
A Steam Room is heated by the steam with the seating heated by electric or hot water piping. Aroma Essence is automatically injected into the steam room. Orange is the chosen essence which has the following benefits: detoxifies, can alleviate anger and anxiety, relaxes the muscles, anti-microbial (prevents bacteria), can alleviate coughs, sedative and anti-inflammatory.
Salt-infused Steam Room
The infusion of salt is to mimic the effects of being by the sea, it creates an anti-oxidant effect that will fight free-radicals. It is beneficial for sufferers of respiratory problems such as asthma, will help induce sleep, help with relaxation and have a calming effect as well as reduce skin allergies. The Salt-infused Steam Room is also infused with Lavender which has the following benefits: calming, reduces anxiety, anti-septic, alleviates nausea, can improve sleep and alleviates headaches.
The Sauna produces “dry heat” and is beneficial is the removal of toxins from the body. At a higher temperature of 80C – 90°C we recommend that you remain in the Sauna for 10 minutes, then take a shower to cool the body temperature. This process may be repeated 3 times.
“I’m really pleased I joined Waterside. The facilities are amazing and always clean. The staff are always ready to help and very friendly. It feels like you all work hard to give the member a great experience” – Sue